Best of Peoria 2016
Introducing the Best of Peoria: a list of the people, places and things that make Peoria the best place to live, work and play… according to YOU! We know you know why you love where you live. So tell us! Together, let’s celebrate what makes Peoria great.
Thank you for voting! And now… here are the winners of the 2016 Best of Peoria competition!
Arts & Culture
- Best First Friday Stop: Studios on Sheridan
- Best Visual Artist: Preston Jackson
- Best Performing Artist: Dexter O’Neal and the Funk Yard
- Best Theater Production: Singin’ in the Rain, Jr., The Penguin Project
- Best Advocate for the Arts: ArtsPartners of Central Illinois
- Best Cultural Attraction: Peoria Riverfront Museum
Food & Drink
- Best Cup o’ Joe: thirty-thirty Coffee Co.
- Best Work Lunch: One World Cafe
- Best Dinner Date: Hearth
- Best Watering Hole: Kelleher’s Irish Pub & Eatery
- Best Chef: Dustin Allen, EDGE
- Best Bang for your Buck: Avanti’s Ristorante
- Best Workplace: CEFCU
- Best Customer Service: CEFCU
- Best Company for Young Professionals: Caterpillar Inc.
- Best Company for Philanthropy: Caterpillar Inc.
- Best Company for Innovation: Caterpillar Inc.
- Company with the Brightest Future: CEFCU
Sports & Recreation
- Best Sports Team: Peoria Chiefs
- Best Festival: Fine Art Fair
- Best Park/Trail: Wildlife Prairie Park
- Best Place to Work Out: RiverPlex
- Best Pet-Friendly Place: Bradley Dog Park
- Best Place for Family Fun: Tanners Orchard
- Best Local Celebrity: Garry Moore
- Best Neighborhood: Moss-Bradley
- Best Scenic View: Grandview Drive
- Best Fundraising Event: St. Jude Runs
- Best Advocate for Peoria: The Honorable Ray LaHood
- Best-Kept Secret: PAWS Giving Independence