Born in Italy and raised in France, Videogénique owner Raphael Rodolfi can be found all over the Peoria area, shooting special events and telling the stories of local artists, entrepreneurs and businesses through video. After meeting his wife, Peoria native Katie Couri, in Paris, the couple married and moved to Chicago, where Rodolfi began shooting video for Plan B advertising agency.
Since moving to Peoria in 2008, Rodolfi has built a name for himself, not only through the high quality of his work, but also through his enthusiasm. “I love to have something to look forward to and to be excited about!” he exclaims. “I love to make people smile in the process. It’s my fuel—that’s what drives me every day.”
- Favorite meal: My wife introduced me to deep-dish pizza, and I never imagined a pizza could hold so much cheese! It was love at first bite. Great, now I’m hungry.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? They come in a set, as they are linked to each other: meeting my wife in Paris, following her to the U.S., and creating Videogénique, my videography business.
- What always brings a smile to your face? Coming back from work and seeing my kids Rémi, two, and Luca, five, run towards me with a loud “PAPA!” and a huge smile on their faces—picking them up and kissing them.
- Favorite vacation spot: I loved spending my summers in Germany at my godfather’s farm. I had such a great time playing with my cousin, helping during harvest, and playing handball, soccer and tennis.
- What is your favorite quote? “It’s impossible,” said Pride. “It’s risky,” said Experience. “It’s pointless,” said Reason. “Let’s give it a try,” whispered the Heart. Knowing that you are heading in the right direction, bracing yourself for the ride and enjoying the thrill of the journey.
- If Hollywood made a movie about you, who would play you? Just like Jim Carrey, I can be pretty goofy and obnoxious at times. So, I guess he would be a great fit—but I’m pretty sure I can’t afford him in my production!
- Favorite smell: Watermelon and basil are soul-elevating—they instantly make my mind travel places and relax.
- If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be? An eagle. I’d love to fly, see new perspectives and glide effortlessly through the air.
- What’s one of the worst-tasting things you’ve ever eaten? Wine! Yes, I know, that’s pretty much blasphemy from someone coming from France with Italian origins, but I’ve never been able to enjoy any type of wine.
- What’s your favorite way to unwind after a long day? Well, not so much unwind as it is a moment of high excitement: I love to chase sunsets. I love to take my bike and capture lovely orange-pink-blue-purple gradients. Add interesting clouds, and I’m in heaven! a&s