The executive director of Family House, Jessica Kober has a background that spans research in environmental and childhood obesity, community health, health education and child development. When she’s not directing the lodging, meals and other services at the not-for-profit’s “home away from home,” she enjoys hiking, traveling, running, cooking and spending time exploring new places with her husband. Here are a few more of her favorites…
1. Candy Land. My all-time favorite. Nothing will ever beat it!
2. Trouble. I have many memories playing this game.
3. Flinch. I grew up playing this game with my family and still enjoy it. The cards are well-worn through several generations of use.
4. Ticket to Ride. This game requires strategy and thinking at all times…
5. Scrabble. I’ve started to enjoy this game more and more.
1. The BBC’s Planet Earth series. In one word: fascinating. It intensifies my love for travel and exploration.
2. A River Runs Through It. This movie makes me want to learn how to fly fish!
3. Beauty and the Beast. One of my favorite Disney movies…I love the music.
4. Tuesdays with Morrie. A thought-provoking book and adapted movie. Jack Lemmon mastered his role as Morrie.
5. White Christmas. I watch this multiple times every Christmas season.
FAVORITE PLACES TO TRAVEL
1. Bar Harbor, Maine. Gorgeous views and great seafood.
2. Asheville, North Carolina. An eclectic city that blends history with an urban feel.
3. Rocky Mountain National Park. A hiker’s delight, always something new to explore.
4. Box Canyon, Arizona. A blast. You traverse through the canyon, climbing and jumping off cliffs into the water, from one area to the next.
5. Austin, Texas. An interesting blend of cultures. The food, trucks and music make it a memorable place to visit.iBi