At the end of 2019, more than 26 million Americans worked at home on an average day, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That number jumped by millions during the pandemic, and many will continue working remotely well into the future. In fact, that may well be the future of business.
Working remotely has left many business owners and employees feeling stressed out and unsure how to be successful. While this is understandable, it is crucial for teams to have a good plan in place in order to thrive. A unifying vision will make all the difference—it is the blueprint that helps ensure virtual workplace success.
- It gives your team a leg up in succeeding, rather than being a statistic. By having a vision, your team will have less stress and you will feel fully empowered.
- It brings everyone together for a common purpose and helps bridge the gap between generations. If your team doesn’t have a common purpose they are all working toward, they may feel hesitant or lost.
- It helps provide focus and direction, so everyone is on the same page and expectations are clear. This is especially important when teams are working remotely.
- It helps ensure everyone on the team is in their proper role. With this clarity, efficiency and engagement will be where it needs to be. Teams may not realize their people are in the wrong role until they create a unifying vision.
- With everyone on the same page, every company can build an unstoppable team. Whether your team is working remotely or in the same office, it’s the plan that will ensure they are a cohesive team that will lead your company to success.
It’s a challenging time for businesses, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use this time to make things even better. A unified vision will help ensure success as we move into the future. PM