Welcome back to Mixology 101
In the Peoria area, for many of us it is a seasonal tradition to make a trek to Speer, Illinois to brave the long lines, jump on the hay wagon, and venture into the orchards to pick local apples and stock up on cider, donuts and pies offered by Tanner’s Orchard.
In honor of all things fall, at Hearth restaurant in Peoria Heights we have created a new cocktail that we hope conjures tastes that we associate with leaves changing color and the cool, crisp, Midwest air. We combined the flavors of apple, cinnamon and pear to offer you what we call the Autumn Bushel Basket.
- Tablespoon of sugar
- .5 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1.5 oz. Van Gogh Wild Apple Vodka
- .75 oz. Stoli Vanilla Vodka
- .5 oz. St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and ground cinnamon, stir and dump onto a shallow plate.
- Rim a chilled martini glass with a small wedge of lemon and gently rim the glass with the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the Van Gogh Wild Apple Vodka, Stoli Vanilla Vodka and St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur.
- Shake vigorously and strain into the martini glass. Garnish with an apple slice and/or a cinnamon stick.
Enjoy the flavors of autumn in a glass!